Friday, November 9, 2012

Not So Ordinary - Chapter Two


Me and Mark were coming home from school on a nice day with only Chris in the distance. "So how was your classes today," I asked. "Boring as usual, its way to easy," he replied.

We headed into the house where Mark was telling me some funny jokes. He was always good about making me laugh. That was the kind of relationship that we had that made us get along so well.

Sitting together in the livingroom all alone with Chris and Dimitri in the other room we started to watch a movie I had wanted to see for a while. I must have been wrapped up in it not to notice that Mark was contemplating something.

He tried to wrap me up in his arms and kissed me hard while roaming with his hands in spots that were..... OH MY!

I quickly pulled away fending him off. He didn't fight me. But looked at me with pure shock. "Why won't you go any further with me?' he asked. "I'm just not ready for that kind of relationship right now," I told him.

He was mad, and I knew it when he got up and started to walk away. "Mark! Please don't be mad at me," I called out to him. But he didn't stop, he just kept on walking out the door.

I sat there mortified at what had just happened between me and Mark. I wasn't sure if he had just broke up with me.Tears started to wheal up in my eyes when Dimitri walked in. I hid my tears the best I could, and managed to get my emotions under control. 

"Thought you might want some company."
"That would be nice."
We sat there not saying a word to each other. I tried to watch the movie that I was so wanting to see, but had lost interest in it when Mark pulled his stunt.

"I can see that your not into this, take a walk with me" Dimitri said. 
He lead me outside. "I know what you need." He pulled out his wand which was a rare thing, not many of us got to see them in person. He pointed it at me, my eyes wide in anticipation on what he was about to do. Then he said something and a warm feeling spread over me. I felt happy, joy and just like I was having the best time of my life. "What did you do?" I asked in a little bit of shock.
"Well you looked really upset so I put a happiness spell on you," he replied with a grin.

I sat down and he joined me. "So what happened between you and Mark?" he asked. "We just had a fight, I didn't agree with some of his ideas," I replied. I couldn't believe I was telling Dimitri about my troubles. I couldn't tell him what had really happened. I know he would be so angry at Mark he would beat him down next time he would see him. So I left out that part. Changing the subject, "So how good are you with magic," I asked.
"I've been doing it since I was a kid," he replied.
"So did you grow up as a happy child," I asked knowing I was maybe asking more than I should.
"Yes it was fun and I was getting to do things that others could only dream of doing."

Dimitri leaned back barely brushing my hand. It sent electricity through me. I had to act calm and not give away that he was having some kind of effect on me that I wasn't quite sure I knew about myself.

It was getting dark out and we could see the stars were out. I leaned in close to him as I pointed toward a shooting star. He must have not realized how close we were, but oh, I did! I could smell his cologne. What   wonderful cologne!  I was breathing it in like oxygen. And his body was so warm against my arm. My heart picked up and was racing. Then a strange thought came to me. Why was I feeling this way toward Dimitri and couldn't with Mark? And oh my! I think I might have a crush on my guardian. This wasn't good. As it started to grow dark, Dimitri and I started to head into the house.

As we rounded the corner my sister, Hanna and her boyfriend Luke were saying there goodbyes  I stopped and Dimitri almost ran right into me. "Wait," I whispered.

Yep there it was, Luke pulled her into his arms and kissed her so passionately I almost felt guilty watching. I had never been kissed like that and wow did it look amazing. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Lets go this way and give them some privacy," Dimitri's soft voice whispered to me. So we headed around the other side going in the back.

When my sister came in she was glowing with happiness. "So how did your date go with Luke?"
"It was great, as always. I think he might propose to me soon, I just have this feeling," she told me.
"What? Are you serious?" I asked with shock.
"I think so, I know he loves me and I love him the same way, he's just been hinting around about it," she told me.
I was shocked and stunned. Here she was in love and ready to get hitched, and me I had never been in love before even the first time. I always wanted to have that romance that people talk about but it just hadn't happened.


5 comments:

  1. Awe what a cute chapter. Luke and Hanna make an adorable couple. ;)
    I hope Emily finds her love. I like Dimitri, but what about Chris. He's cute. :)
    Great Chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both Mark and Dimitri, but Emily's heart seems to have already made it's decision. She just doesn't know it yet! LOL

    Loved it Jamee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's complicated. Mark isn't going to like Dimitri when he finds out the truth!

    Good job again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your style of writting hun, awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dimitri is so cute :) I would fall in love with him too :)

    ReplyDelete