Thursday, December 20, 2012

First Real Kiss - Chapter Seven

Just as Chris had told me, Dimitri was up in his room. He was piled up on the floor sitting with his legs crossed. His eyes were closed and he appeared to be meditating. Talk about being serious at what he did. I never knew that he was this dedicated.
I crept over as quite as I could, sitting down in front of Dimitri, who didn't even seem to know I was there. All I could do was sit there watching him meditating. It was mesmerizing how in depth of thought he was in.  I could only wonder what he was even thinking of.
 
Just like that he opened his eyes staring at me with such a serious look that finally turned into amusement. "I'm glad you think I'm funny," I smirked.

"Emily, I knew you were there the whole time. You couldn't be quite if your life depended on it," he laughed.
"Well, my life doesn't depend on it, but I would like you to teach me some moves."
"We were suppose to meet up in the workout room, not in my room," he replied.

Trying to look all hot and desirable, I tried to reason with him.
"What difference does it really make. I will be able to concentrate on the lessons if no one is grunting beside me on the treadmill," I added.
 
"Alright, just this time."
I got up facing Dimitri. "OK, first you will need to fend off someone if they try to attack you. Here's what I want you to do," he explained as he placed me in a spot to play the victim while he played the attacker.
"OK, try to hit me,"
"What?' I asked a little confused.
"Come at me as if I'm going to attack you," he replied as he moved into an attack stance.
"So you want me to just... hit you?" I asked again a little confused.
"Yes, so I can tell you what you need to change," he replied.

I balled up my fist and tried to rush at him. I threw my fist at him but he moved out of the way with no effort at all. I swung again and missed with the same results.
I was about ready to give up when Dimitri looked at me with a fierce look. "You want to learn to protect yourself, well then you need to put aside the frustration and any other emotion you have, it will only get you killed in the long run. Attack me again," he demanded. I didn't listen to what he said. Without a second thought I  didn't hesitate to try to hit him.
As I swung I missed terribly, and went falling to the floor. I scuffed my knee as it took the blunt of the fall.. I groaned out in pain as it stung.

"Are you alright?" Dimitri asked as he knelt down in front of me. He still towered over me as I tried to hold back the tears of humiliation and hurt.
"It's alright, this is your first time at this. It's going to be awkward and hard at first. As you practice more you will be able to fend off your attackers with much more ease. And anytime you don't want to do this, we can stop," he explained.


Oh how I loved to just hear him talk to me, I finally looked up meeting his brown eyes that held me captive. Oh how I melted in those eyes, those sweet dark eyes. I couldn't think of anything or what was even going on around me. I couldn't even concentrate on what he was saying. I just stared, and got lost in them like I had done so many times before. But this time he was so close to me that I found it hard to breath. My heart began to race.

And that's when I moved closer to him. Oh I wanted him to touch me, I wanted his lips on mine. I needed them. I yearned for them. As I moved closer I must have caught Dimitri off guard.
 
I leaned in meeting his lips with mine. His lips were warm and sweet just as I had imagined that they would be. He started to pull away but must have changed his mind as he gently kissed me back.
 
He relaxed a little, then I felt his arms wrap around me. He pulled me close as he kissed me with more fierceness. His kiss was now hungry and yearning like mine. We kissed and kissed. Oh how I loved feeling his lips move along mine. It was a sweet bliss that was tore from me when he finally pulled away.

He stood up with me looking shocked. I could only guess that's what I looked like when he handed me his hand to pull me to my feet.

When I regained my footing I stepped toward Dimitri to feel his lips burn on mine again. But he stopped me by putting his hand on my arm. 

He held my arm while he stroked my face with his other hand.
"We can't do this. This must never happen again. Do you understand," he told me with such fierceness in his voice that crushed me inside. I didn't want to hear it, I just wanted him. That's all I wanted. I wanted his arms to hold me, his lips to kiss me. But instead he was pulling away.
"You don't want me?" I asked in shock.
"It's not that, I'm your protector. Your guardian, who protects you from harm. Plus I'm much older. You are a royal, I am not. We are forbidden to be together. It must not happen," he said with strain in his voice.
His eyes burned with passion and hurt all at the same time. I could tell that he was struggling not to pull me into his arms and kiss me again, but he would not falter. He stood there serious, not moving.
"You must go," he said as he released me and turned away so I couldn't see his face.

"But............." is all I could get out before he repeated for me to go. Feeling defeated I turned and left him in his room. As I walked down the steps I was mixed with so much emotions, I couldn't let him see my cry.

I went straight to my room so no one would see me. I walked and stood in front of my mirror staring back at my own reflection. How could he not think I was pretty? How could he not want to be with me? I kept asking myself over and over as the tears weld up in my eyes.

I was now sobbing and couldn't take what I was feeling. My heart was hurting. Hurting for him, the one that I couldn't have. I could have any of the other guys, but him, I couldn't. Life just didn't seem that fair. As I laid there I finally cried myself to sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I've been waiting for that. Hopefully Dimitri will change his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EPIC EPIC TOTALLY EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good, Jamee and sad! I feel for Emily and for Dimitri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE PLEAS EPLEASE HAVE DMILY HAPPENNNNNNNN
    <3

    ReplyDelete