Saturday, December 1, 2012

Taking Risks - Chapter Five



As I dropped over the hill I spotted Dimitri down on the sea shore skipping some rocks across the water. I stood there for a moment admiring the view. Carefree and just being himself. I had never seen him this relaxed. He always seemed to have his guard up around me.

As I got closer Dimitri must have heard me approaching and turned. His eyes grow wide with panic as I step closer to him.

"Emily! What are you doing here and where is Chris?" he asked with panic in his voice.

"I got bored and wanted to take a walk. I knew you were here so I didn't think you would mind if I joined you," I pleaded. "No this is not alright. We are here to protect you and its getting dark. This is the most dangerous time for you to be away from us. What if something happened to you, just think how crushed your parents and Chris and...........I would be. You have to promise me that you will never do that again. Never leave without me or Chris."
I felt crushed. I didn't realize what I had done.
"I promise," I replied in a whisper.

I walked back with Dimitri toward the house. When we arrived he told me to wait in the living room while he let Chris know I was with him. When he returned he lit the fire to break the chill in the room.

I sat down and he joined me. I wasn't sure if he was still upset with me or not. But I couldn't make myself meet his eyes.

I kept my eyes on the fire and after a few moments of silence he spoke. "Emily" he whispers. Him just saying my name sounds like velvet to me. Like a warm summer day.

I looked over at him and was instantly relieved that he looked actually calm. Leaning back he propped his arm on his knee. The fire reflected in his gorgeous brown eyes that made him all dreamy to me. Oh man, why does he have to be so darn cute. And why am I so drawn to him. I ask myself over and over.

I pulled my eyes away and focused on the fire again. "You don't realize how important you are, you have to be careful with what you do. If something happened to you".............he trails off pausing for a moment. "Just be careful," he added.

"You take your job so serious, I mean not serious exactly, but your so dedicated. Why would you give up your life and your wants to guard someone like me. That just seems like a sacrifice that wouldn't be worth it," I asked. He looked over at me for a moment. "Its something I had always wanted to do when I was a child," he replied. "So your family, don't they miss you something terrible?" I asked. "Yes they do, but I'm a adult now and this was my destiny," he replied and said nothing else about his family.



4 comments:

  1. Love this so much, and Idk how I haven't said this before but, omg he's so hot. I want them together, I ship them so hard. (Yes I'm one of those people :p )

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing story Jamee, it was worth waiting for

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so into him! He has to see it! Even if he does feel something for her right now because of her age and position he probably is resisting it.

    ReplyDelete