Saturday, February 9, 2013

Jealousy - Chapter Fourteen

My mother wants me to meet with a dear friend of hers that come to see her. We all gathered in the living area as she arrives. She's beautiful with blond hair and blue eyes. She seems kind and very sweet. She's much younger than my mother, if I was to guess I would say she was in her late twenties.
 
 I stood quiet while they talked to each other. They were getting caught up with all the stuff they had missed out on.  "So who is the guy with the dark hair?" she asks as she looks gestures across the room. My mouth must have droped to the ground when I realized she was talking about Dimitri that was standing over across the room talking to Chris. My mom smiles, "That's Dimitri, my daughters head guardian".

"Oh so that's Dimitri, I have heard so much about him. Is he single?" she asks with a grin on her face. "Why as far as I know, Dimitri is single. I think you should introduce yourself to him," she tells her.  I have to turn my back so they cant see my face. I'm about ready to freak out. 

Ann walks over to talk to Dimitri, She's going to do it, she's going to try to get Dimitri to go out with her. Ugg this is unreal. They are exchanging words as my mother trys to get my attention. "I think Ann might be interested in Dimitri, I think that would be sweet if they got together," she tells me as my stomach lerches as the bile rises in my throat. I think I'm about ready to be sick. 

If she only knew how I felt for Dimitri, would she be talking about hooking him up with her. I'm trying to keep calm and not show any emotions but I'm finding it really hard. I feel the blood drain from my face as I know I have stopped breathing. And in the corner of my eye I can see Ann and Dimitri talking and actually getting along. No, no this is not happening. Get away from him, I scream in my head. 

"I don't think that would be wise, I don't think hes one for a relationship. Besides he's my guardian!  He's got to be with me and that wouldn't leave much time for a relationship," I choke out to my mother. She seems a little shocked at my response. "Emily, we can always get new guards, I think he has proven himself and should be happy. He's young and shouldn't be alone all his life. Just because they are guards doesn't mean they can't have family's too. They would be set on a schedule instead of being around here all the time. They can choose to live close or have a apartment on the grounds, " she replies to me. 

 "Dimitri has been here for me for a long time. I'm sure if he wanted that he would have let you guys know. And with Hanna being taken, I need a lot of protection. Especially Dimitri, he's the best," I plead. "Oh Emily, don't worry we will double it if we have to. I would not let anything happen to you," she says. I wanted to blurt out about how I want them to let me and him to be together despite the laws but I can see this is going to blow it all up in my face. I got to find another way.

As I go to leave with Dimitri my mother calls out to him to stay for a few moments. I have to keep walking as I shoot a look back to Dimtri who gives me the look of "I have no idea what this is about". My heart sinks because deep down I know. 

As my mother, Ann and Dimitri talk together I find myself about ready to loose it. I realize I got to get out of this room before I really scream. I'm almost a caged animal at this point. I'm in panic mode and I have to get away from everyone at this moment. I look around and see the door, my exit. I look over to Chris and motion for him to follow and give Sandy a signal that I will only be needing Chris. 

I manage to dart out the door and the cool air feels so good. I start walking and I know Chris can sense something is wrong with me. He says nothing but follows a few feet behind me. I'm so glad that he leaves me to my thoughts. 

The first place I manage to get to is the gym. Its kinda empty most of the time besides the guards using it. And I know it should be empty right now. I can't let anyone see me fall apart as I know I'm about ready to do. Chris follows me in and just stands there. "Emily, What's wrong?" he finally asks. 

This Ann girl, she wants Dimitri. And when I say she wants him, she wants to date him. My mother even thinks it would be a good idea. Thats what they are talking about right now," I shout out. 

"Emily, you don't have anything to worry about. Dimitri is head over heals in love with you," he tells me. 

"But what if she can give him the life he's always wanted. The one he doesn't have to hide. He can even get married and have kids. I would have to watch them together," I cry. "Yes he's not one for many relationships I give you that. But Dimitri is one for a one women love. Whether you know it or not, you have stolen his heart. He wont even be tempted by it. Trust me, he's not going to leave you," he tries to reassure me. 

There they are, my parents, Dimitri, Sandy and Ann. I can't even join them. To watch my parents try to help Ann hook up with Dimitri is just heartbreaking. I wish I could tell my mom. She would love to hear that her daughter found her soul mate. But I can't, they would for sure send Dimitri away. 

So I go to hide my tears. I slump to the floor. Curling up I sob silently. Chris starts to come in and sees how broken I am. I guess he doesn't want to disturb me so he stays outside by the door. 

As I cry more tears I'm unaware that Dimitri is crouched in front of me. "Emily, why are you crying?" he whispers. I gently wipe the tears from my cheeks and choke back a sob. "My parents..................., they want you and Ann together. She told me you two would make a good couple. That you guys could live..................," I cry out as tears run down my face once more. 

I put my head down as the tears run once more down my cheeks. "So this is why you are upset, you think I would leave you and be with her?" he asks as he places a kiss in my hair. "Yes," I sniff. "Baby, you don't have to worry about that. She may want me, but I don't want her. It's you I want, you're the one I love," he whispers into my hair. 

My tears finally stop and I manage to crawl over to Dimitri and place a kiss on his sweet lips. 

"I told them no if that makes you feel better. You would have loved to seen their faces," he grins. 

He pulls me up from the floor as he wraps his arms around me. "You told her no?!" I say. "Yep she was persistant and even your mom tried to talk me into it, but they understood that was something I didn't want right now, as far as they are concerned. As far as you and I, I'm already taken," he smirks at me. 

Well then I know what I need to do, I need to try to talk my parents into passing a law so we can be together," I tell him. Dimitri eyes shoot to mine. You know they might change it a little, but I'm a guardian, your guardian they wont allow it," he says. "Well I can always try, if not when I leave home your coming with me," I smile at him. 

When I walk outside there is Ann again. She is really starting to get on my nerves. I don't walk over to them but get close enough to overhear what they are saying. "So you wont even consider my offer," she asks Dimitri. She's relentless, she's not going to take no for a answer. 

"Listen Ann, I can't take your offer, I don't want a relationship, my place is here with Emily and her family," he tells her. 

She moves close and touches him. Shes flirting with him. She has no shame does she? I'm about ready to walk over to her and knock the crap out of her. "He's mine!" I grumble under my breath. Dimitri pulls away and makes a god awful face. I'm almost laughing as she gasps and her mouth hits the floor.

"No Ann. I don't think I have made myself clear. I don't want a relationship with you. Please don't do that again!", Dimitri hisses at her. Ann's face falls and I'm about ready to laugh out loud now. I turn to hide my face as a giggle about erupts. "I just don't see why," she says as she looks defeated. 

I can't help myself. I run up to Dimitri and launch myself onto his back taking him by surprise. I'm giggling and being playful. I wrap myself around him as he grabs my legs to keep me from sliding off his back. "Lets go shopping," I ask so she can hear me. Dimitri starts to walk away still carrying me. "I know what your doing Emily," he says as he laughs softly. "Who me, I would never," I giggle. 

"Don't play innocent. You know what your doing. I don't mind. She was starting to get on my nerves," he says. "Well I can remember a time when I was harassing you," I tell Dimitri as I frown at the memory. "You were not annoying. I wanted you, that was the problem, and I still do," he tells me as he smiles his big smile. "Now how about that shopping." he says as we head back toward the house. 

9 comments:

  1. I think I'm in love with Dimitri myself, :) awesome chapter Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay it's out!xD ..I hope Ann won't create more trouble :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Ann....I hope she pops up again. :D

    Great chapter Jamee. I twas fun but nerve racking at the same time.

    Jen AKA Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 <3 <3
    Dimitri I love you, you don't need Emily, you can have me! xD
    Great chapter, I'm glad I'm all caught up now!
    I hope you update soon! I can't wait for more!

    Logan XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey the witch got tossed into the fire, i was ready to gang up with emily and take her haha, excellent chapter hon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dimitri is the sweetest guy! I felt for Emily having to watch her parents try to hook her man up with another woman.

    They both looked so happy in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really enjoy your blogs your good at what you do jamee

    ReplyDelete