Friday, May 8, 2015

Dimitri's Joy - Chapter Forty Eight


"I can't thank you enough for what you did for Emily, I know it was a long trip here and what you had to do to get what you needed was difficult but I wanted you to know we are forever in your debt," he tells Nolan.

A grin spreads across Nolan's face. "It was a pleasure to do something that could change the life of someone. It's been so long since I had used my magic that I almost forgot how to use it. The last time I did it was to bring back my wife when so long ago her grandmother killed her and her brother. You and Emily owe me nothing," he replies. 

"Can I see her now?" Dimitri asks. "Yes you can but remember that she may still be unconscious and unaware of what happened to her. If she comes to, try to not put her into shock with the news that she died. And don't alarm her of the baby's state. She may not even know that she's pregnant," he says. 

"Thank you bro," Dimitri says as he pulls Daniel into his arms and almost squeezes the life out of him. "It's what brothers do," he replies as Dimitri squeezes harder. 

"I'm going to move her up to her room so can you guys get what ever she needs, like the ivs and stuff so we can get her well again," Dimitri asks. "I'll get it ready. We will have it up there but won't bring it in until you have her situated in her room," Daniel replies. 

Dimitri heads out of the room leaving everyone to their tasks while he heads down to see Emily.

A baby, I'm going to be a dad. The excitement fills him with delight. A little girl or boy running around. Will it be a little fairy like his mommy or a strong boy like his daddy. His thoughts go ragged as he makes his way down to the next floor. I can't get too excited what if it didn't make it? I got to push these ideas out of my mind till I know for sure. 

He enters the room and sees Emily laying peacefully on the table where he last seen her. She's a welcoming site and his heart speeds up as he gets closer to her. 

He for the first time sees her wings glowing and moving in a slow rhythm as her chest slowly rises. Her skin is now more pink and not the pale blue color that he had seen the last time he was in there with her. 

Dimitri sets down beside Emily as he watches her breath. He watches her wings flutter and its a welcoming sign that she's still with him. He brushes her cheek and the warmth of her skin soothes his ragged soul. 

"I thought I lost you again. When Daniel called me and told me you passed, my world stopped. I can't live in this world without you," Dimitri tells Emily as he strokes her face. 

He picks her up and starts for the door. He was hoping that his touch would rouse her from her sleep but she still sleeps. He pulls her close so he can feel her heartbeat on his chest. He slowly makes his way upstairs with her. 

Dimitri lays her on the bed and she lays as if shes only asleep. 

After Dimitri lays Emily on the bed and situates her, the Doctor that Dimitri privately hired checks Emily out. She gets Emily hooked up on an IV drip to help with her weight and nutrition to get her more stable. She then hooks up the monitor to monitor her vitals while they wait for her to regain consciousness. 

She's all ready now. All we have to do is wait. I'll be here with her the whole time. I'm not leaving this room unless I have to go and you can stay with her while I do," she giggles. 

"How do her vitals look right now?" Dimitri asks. "She looks good but you can tell she's very weak. She's very dehydrated and needs lots of nutrients to get her and the baby on track.

"So far the heartbeat of the baby is strong. I will know more when I get a ultrasound. I have a machine being delivered later today," she explains to Dimitri. Dimitri lets out a sigh of relief. A baby, I'm going to be a daddy and Emily I know will be excited when she finds out.

Dimitri scoots Emily over and pulls her into his arms. His exhaustion claims him and he drifts off to sleep with Emily by his side. The doctor stays in the room and keeps check on her vitals while they sleep.

Dimitri never moves. He seems so peaceful with Emily in his arms and his steady breathing means he's a little more relaxed.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jamee,

    I stumbled onto your blog the other day when I was looking for some poses. I'd downloaded both your school and hospital and am enjoying playing with them. They really have been so useful.

    I've read a couple chapters of your story and am looking forward to reading more. Looks like Dimitri and Emily have been through a lot and I do hope she will be okay.

    I love the poses you have been using for Emily and Dimitri, like the ones where he was stroking her face and carrying her. I've been looking for poses like this for a long time but have been unsuccessful. I'd be eternally grateful if you could point me in the right direction to find them. They would be extremely helpful in my own story.

    Thank you very much for any help you'd be willing to give. My best wishes to you and much luck with your story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I've been so busy lately that I have not done anything. I get my loses from modthesims, mysims3blog I think is the name. I hope this helps. If you email me I can see about working a way to send you a lot of them. My collection is massive.

      Delete
  2. Pleeeeease continue Medieval, it's been more than 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P̠l̠e̠a̠s̠e̠ p̠o̠s̠t̠ a̠ m̠e̠d̠i̠e̠v̠a̠l̠ s̠o̠o̠n̠, i̠t̠s̠ b̠e̠e̠n̠ m̠o̠r̠e̠ t̠h̠a̠n̠ t̠w̠o̠ y̠e̠a̠r̠s̠!

    ReplyDelete